The manually operated butt fusion machine is featured by easy use, lightweight and quick operation.
- Butt Fusion Machines
- HDPE Pipe Fitting Machines
- Electrofusion Machines
- Plastic Welding Machines
- Plastic Sheet Welding Machines
- Socket Fusion Machines
- Pipe Welding Tools
The butt fusion machine may have some faults due to improper operation or the welding work itself. At this time, we need to check-in time to determine the fault and then formulate an effective solution. The following are common faults and inspection methods of butt fusion machines.
1. The device makes an abnormal buzzing sound after starting
(1) Check whether the three-phase fuse is blown.
(2) Is there a phase disconnection in the stator coil of the motor?
After determining these two causes, replace the fuse and eliminate the disconnection.
2. The equipment is overheated during operation
(1) Check whether the insulation between the motor base and the body is normal.
(2) Check whether the cooling water is blocked.
(3) Check whether the electrode is severely oxidized.
(4) Check whether the welding thickness and load duration rate exceed the limit.
3. Excessive welding spatter
(1) Check whether the welding parameters are appropriate.
(2) Whether the oxide on the surface of the electrode tip is too thick.
(3) Whether the electrode pressure is abnormal.
4. The solder joints are not firm
(1) Check whether the welding current is too small.
(2) Check whether the welding materials are unqualified.
(3) Check whether the welding speed is too fast and the temperature of the molten pool is not enough, resulting in incomplete penetration, incomplete fusion, black solder joints, and unsightly weld formation.
5. The device does not start
(1) Check that the pipe fusion machine has no welding current output.
(2) Check whether there is voltage input at the input terminal of the machine, the internal wiring is off or open, and the internal coil is burned out.
6. Cracks and shrinkage holes appear in the weld
Check whether the welding time is too long and the electrode pressure is insufficient. If the forging pressure is not increased in time, the welding parameters should be adjusted and the appropriate welding cycle should be selected.
7. Welding point is too small or the strength is not enough
Check whether the welding current is too small, the welding time is too short, the welding circuit is not well connected, the electrode pressure is too large, the workpiece or the electrode is contaminated, and the thickness and material of the workpiece are too different.
8. Incomplete welding
Check whether the welding current is small, the power-on time is short, the electrode pressure is too large, and the surface cleaning is not good. For these reasons, the size of the nugget will be small, and the electrode surface should be cleaned to adjust the welding parameters.
We need to clean and maintain the equipment before and after operating the butt fusion machine, so as to reduce the occurrence of failures during work. If you want to know more about the butt fusion machine after reading the above content, you can get a more comprehensive solution by contacting us.
As a professional manufacturer of butt fusion machines, we have accumulated rich production and manufacturing experience in this field. We put the needs of our customers first, and the products produced have excellent performance and can cope with a variety of complex welding situations. And we will also develop effective solution technology and provide thoughtful one-stop service according to the needs of customers. If you want to buy our butt fusion machine, please contact us immediately!
Riyang fusion machine has been applied to more than 60 countries and regions in the fields of polyethylene pipe manufacturers, gas construction projects, irrigation projects, mining and civil installations, etc.MORE
For support or any questions:
call us: +86 13588820387